Friday, May 10, 2013

By The Power Of Cracked Skulls...


Give me strength/
Give me freedom or death or both/
Give me land labored on, labored for hope, fertilized with my blood, sweat, and tears/
Give me a chance/
Give me a hand/
From an untampered deck/
Give life, liberty/
Just us/
Not them/
Give me a blind fold/
Give me a .45/ Give me a taser/ 
Let me see which one is heavier/
Deadlier/
Let me see if I mistake one for the other/

Give me a gun, place it next to my body/
Place it at the crime scene/
Place it in the report to justify a coviction/
Justify no parol/
Justify the chair/
Justifty not overturning the death penalty/

Give me a flag/
Give me a ballot/
Give me a candidate without a "team"/
Without a logo/
Without colors or a American Flag pinned to their jacket

Give me a smile/
Keep it there, on your face/
Keep your pockets empty/
It's not a place to keep your hands/
Your dreams/ Your I.D./ Your Gun/
Your smile/
Keep it on your face/
Quick!/ Give me some money, I want to buy that smile from you/
Keep it with me always/ Wear it around my neck/

No...smiles are not accessories/
Keep it, I need to find my own/

Give me hope/
Give me a mirror/
Show me what you see so I can see it too/
So I can fix it/
So I can enhance it/
So I know how to describe it to the cops rather than say "He was black"/
"He was suspicious"/
"He was wearing a hoodie..."/
Give...me... a reason/

Give me my brothers so I can give them hug without the phrase "no homo" being involved/
Give me a (straight) answer/
Don't duck and dodge my questions/
They won't hurt you....just your career/
Your title/
Your image that you portray/
NOT THE ONE YOU SEE IN THE MIRROR/
IT'S THE ONE THAT YOU FIXED/
THE ONE THAT YOU ENHANCED/
THE ONE YOU CAN DESCRIBE TO THE PUBLIC RATHER THAN SAY/
"VOTE FOR ME, I'M HUMAN. I MAKE MISTAKES JUST LIKE THE PERSON IN OFFICE BEFORE ME AND BEFORE HIM AND BEFORE HIM AND BEFORE HIM/

...give me...a fucking break/

"Get me a iced tea and a pack of Skittles since you're making a run."/

Give me a smile...so I can put it on my face and keep it there.                                                                                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment