Monday, April 22, 2013

That Thing Poets Do In April: 20/30

I remember seeing them
Take over subway cars
Covering the doors
Holding the passengers hostage
Force feeding the clones
Culture
"Excuse Me, Ladies and Gentlemen"
This is a takeover

I remember a man playing mariachi music
To bowed heads and closed eyes
The car
Bucking and Shaking
Screaming as if possessed
He walked up and down the aisle
As steady as his guitar
His song
Calmed the car to it's final destination

I remember the two of them
Shoving onto the 4 at 6
Packed to the third rail
I heard nothing but the "Click Clack" of tap
Over power the "Sha-Clack-Clack" from the track
I could see their feet without seeing them move
My Koss Headphones couldn't keep out their groove
Their Stomp
Their Moves
Took me from Borough Hall to 23rd st.

Artist in NYC aren't in subways for money
They're an army
Battling clones for the good of humanity
Breaking the monotony
With a sledgehammer
Holding passengers for ransom
A Smile
On the face of Washington
"God Bless"
Have a nice day



No comments:

Post a Comment